Weekly Notebook (PDF)
FARMINGTON, Utah (October 15, 2019)
- With just two weeks remaining in the regular season, Montana took over sole possession of the top spot in the Big Sky standings after collecting four points on the road last weekend.
This Week in Big Sky Soccer
Friday, Oct. 18
- The Grizzlies defeated Northern Arizona 1-0 before playing Southern Utah to a scoreless draw to improve to 4-0-1 in league play with 13 points.
- Northern Colorado moved into second place with 11 points at 3-1-2 following a 3-1 road win over Southern Utah. The Bears closed out the week with a 2-0 setback to NAU.
- Eastern Washington has positioned itself in third place with 10 points in just four matches at 3-0-1. The Eagles went 2-0 on the road last weekend with a 3-0 victory over Idaho State and 1-0 win over Weber State.
- Sacramento State extended its historic unbeaten streak to 13 matches following a 2-1 road win over Portland State. The streak is tied for the second longest in league history. The Hornets (2-0-3) sit in a tie for fourth with Portland State (3-2) with nine points.
- With six teams qualifying for the Big Sky Championship, Northern Arizona currently holds down sixth with seven points at 2-2-1. Weber State and Idaho State have each played six matches with the Wildcats with five points at 1-3-2 and Idaho State with four points at 1-4-1.
- Eastern Washington’s Brooke Dunbar collected Big Sky Offensive Player of the Week honors after scoring two goals in the win over Idaho State. EWU’s Kelsee Winston and Montana’s Claire Howard shared defensive accolades after each totaled seven saves with two shutouts on the week.
- Montana and Northern Colorado host crucial matchups Friday and Sunday with Sacramento State and Portland State. Eastern Washington and Idaho welcome in Southern Utah and Northern Arizona. Weber State plays host to Idaho State in each team’s lone match of the week to round out the action.
- Select Big Sky home matches can be seen on WatchBigSky.com and Pluto TV.
- The 2019 Big Sky Championship will be held Nov. 6-10 at Northern Colorado’s Jackson Stadium in Greeley.
- To stay up-to-date with the Big Sky Conference, follow us on Facebook at /BigSkyConf and on Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter @BigSkyConf. Fans can also follow Big Sky soccer on Twitter @BigSky_Soccer.
*Sacramento State at Montana - 3 p.m. MT (Watch Big Sky)
*Southern Utah at Eastern Washington - 3 p.m. PT (Pluto TV 534)
*Portland State at Northern Colorado - 7 p.m. MT (Pluto TV 541)
*Northern Arizona at Idaho - 7 p.m. PT (Pluto TV 542)
Sunday, Oct. 20
*Portland State at Montana - 12 p.m. MT (Watch Big Sky)
*Northern Arizona at Eastern Washington - 12 p.m. PT (Pluto TV 534)
*Southern Utah at Idaho - 12 p.m. PT (Pluto TV 542)
*Sacramento State at Northern Colorado - 1 p.m. MT (Pluto TV 541)
*Idaho State at Weber State - 1 p.m. MT (Pluto TV 535)
*Big Sky Conference Match